Monday, 23 May 2011 15:55
Last Updated on Monday, 08 October 2012 23:53
Together we can make a difference... for life!
We have many ways for you to be involved at Life Choices. If you are interested in face-to-face client contact, we hold regularly scheduled Volunteer Training Seminars. If you are interested in other ways to be involved we suggest you take a look at the list of opportunities below to see what best suits your giftings!
NEXT Volunteer Training -
Contact your local center for more information and to register.
Click here for a Volunteer Ministry Training Brochure and Registration Form
Click here for a Volunteer Ministry Training Poster
Click here for a Volunteer Ministry Training Announcement
Take a look at some of the opportunities listed below and let one of our center directors know how you may be interested in joining us in the ministry of Life Choices.
Center Based Opportunities
- Administrative - Various clerical tasks and general office help.
- Arts & Crafts - Creating gifts for our clients and decorating layette boxes.
- Clothing Room - Maintaining and sorting items:
- Baby - sorting, matching, tagging baby clothing, diapers, wipes, etc.
- Maternity - sorting, sizing, tagging and hanging maternity clothes.
- Mommy & Daddy Gifts - sorting gifts from donations received.
- Computer Tech Support - Computer and printer support when they cease to function properly.
- Client Advocate - Meeting with clients to listen, educate and facilitate our services as needed. Training will be provided.
- Data Entry - Client files require data entry on a daily basis. Training will be provided.
- Follow-Up Counseling - Staying in contact with clients once they have had an initial visit. Training will be provided.
- Handy Man - Someone to do "hammer and nail" projects in our centers.
- Post Abortion Client Advocate - Administrative support, co-lead post abortion studies, and other support.
- Housekeeping - General cleaning in our centers and sanitizing of all children's toys.
- Monthly Financial Support - Regular financial support for on-going expenses.
- Open House and Training - Providing food and setting up food, chairs, and tables for training. Handing out items to prospective donors and interested guests.
- Prayer - Pray for the needs of Life Choices from your home or while meeting at a center. We will provide regular updates.
- Reception - Greeting clients, directing phone calls, helping direct people as needed. Training will be provided.
- Volunteer Care - Support to bless and serve our volunteers working closely with the center directors.
- Ultrasound Tech - Providing ultrasounds for our abortion minded clients. Training is a requirement that we do not provide.
- Yard Person - Help maintain the outside appearance of the centers.
Community Based Opportunities
- Church Ambassadors - Help us keep your church informed of our events and utilize opportunities to promote the ministry of Life Choices.
- Classroom Presenters - In-class education presenters on the issues of sex. Training will be provided.
- Events - Various positions during fundraising events:
- Audio visual technicians
- Computer technicians
- Parking lot & shuttle support
- Fundraising - Committees formed to help raise funds.
- Graphic Art - Support for creating printed promotional materials in a variety of medians.
- Table Hosts - Yearly Galas require table hosts to help reach prospective supporters.
- Teen Advocates - Become a peer who supports the ministry of Life Choices. Training will be provided.
- Video Presentations - Create videos of client and donor testimonies to be used online and during events.
- Website Maintenance - Support for website updates and email communications.
*Some opportunities will require training that we will provide on a regular basis.