Post Abortion Support & Healing
Monday, 23 May 2011 15:20
Last Updated on Monday, 12 November 2012 16:01
Are you, or anyone you know, suffering from post-traumatic stress related to abortion?
Symptoms of Post Abortion Stress:
- Emotionally numb
- Sexual problems
- Alcohol/drug use
- Panic feelings
- Crying spells
- Sleep disturbances
- Suicidal thoughts
- Eating disorders
- Change in relationships
- Feeling inferior
- Trouble making friends
- Preoccupation with abortion or due date
While society tells us that abortion is not a big deal, those of us who have experienced abortions know differently. At Life Choices we know abortion is a life changing experience.
Post-Abortion Stress Test
- I feel guilty and ashamed about my choice
- I am afraid people might judge me if they know I had an abortion
- I keep making the same mistakes
- I feel stuck in my life
- I do not have any dreams or goals
- I just seem to be existing
- I have trouble making decisions
- I am depressed
- I get sick a lot and have reliability issues
- I do not think God will forgive me for what I have done
- I cannot forgive myself
- I am afraid that if I get too close to people they will guess that I had an abortion
If you answered yes to two or more of these statements, you could be experiencing post-traumatic stress. If so, you are not alone. We are here to help!
Post Abortion Healing
Life Choices offers a comprehensive study for post-abortive women and men who are experiencing regret, guilt, shame, depression and other issues associated with that decision. It is the desire of Life Choices to see a deep and abiding healing for all participants.
The main goals of the study are:
- Understand God's character and attributes.
- Truly accept God's forgiveness for the sin of abortion in our heads and in our hearts.
- Forgive those who played a part in our abortion decision.
- Recognize and deal with our denial, anger, guilt, depression and shame associated with that event.
- Let go of the pain of our past decision enabling us to function better in our marriages, as parents, and in other relationships.
This study will help you truly walk in freedom, to be "forgiven and set free" in regards to your past abortions.
These studies are led by women who have experienced an abortion. Groups are confidential and non-judgmental. The facilitators strive to share the unconditional love of Jesus Christ with each participant and provide a safe environment for healing.